3 days in Petra: the land of a red stone
Forgotten Nabataean civilization
On October 02-04 I invite you to spend a long weekend in one of the most beautiful deserts of the Middle East, watch sunrises, sunsets, starry skies, sand dunes, and, of course, the red rocks. Over the three days that you will spend in Petra among the fragments of the Nabataean civilization, sun, wind, and the tastiest Labane in the world, you will know that the every grain of sand, stuck in your hair, makes you a little happier. You will also learn who the Nabataeans were, who built the famous Treasury and what mysteries one of the Wonders of the World holds within itself . We will hike the most beautiful routes of the National Reserve, through the Treasury, Amphitheater , we will go up to the Monastery and look at Israel from the “End of the world”. Also, we will ascent the Jabal Haroun (the mountain on top of which Aaron was buried, according to the Judeo-Christian-Islamic tradition), which will open the most beautiful sight that you have ever seen in your life. You will see Petra that 99% of all tourists don’t see.
- Two days of sightseeing in the National Reserve of Petra: Nabataean civilization, the secrets of the ancient building, one of the greatest stories of the human history
- Trek and climb to the Mount Aaron (about 20 kilometres)
- Trek from Little Petra to Great Siq
- Stunning views of Wadi Rum and Petra
- Delicious food, freshly brewed coffee and many new experiences and knowledge
1250 per personSign-up close
- Transfer from the Israeli-Jordanian border to the start of the route and back.
- Accompaniment of a Jordanian guide and a policeman (according to law)
- Accommodation in 3* hotel based on twin room staying
- Three days of excursion in Jordan
- Breakfast and dinner in the hotel
- Entrance fees in Petra archeological park
- Customs duty (100 NIS for crossing of the Israeli-Jordanian border)
- Customs duty (10 JD for crossing of the Jordanian-Israeli border)
- Getting to the Jordanian border and back (southern checkpoint, near Eilat)
- Gratuities to the local police, guide and driver (suggested amount is 10 dinars for each participant)
- Medical Insurance (a must-have!)
- Food and water
- At 7:30 AM we meet at the checkpoint Arava near Eilat. Everybody gets there by themselves- by car, plane or the Egged bus (I recommend not to reject prematurely this option, the bus can be very convenient). Ideally, we should get together and ride on few cars, saving on gas. You can either come in on the night from Wednesday to Thursday, or come on Wednesday evening and spend a night in Eilat.
- After crossing the border we head to the start of the route and for the next three days we’ll forget about all our problems.
- About 19-20:00 we will cross the Jordanian-Israeli border and go home.
- Comfortable clothing and hiking shoes.
- Small backpack for 2-3 liters of water and food for two days.
- A hat and a sunblock creme